Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

Dream Paint Color?

I am wrapping up wallpaper removal in my guest room and I'm at a loss as to what color I want to go with. The room is a blank canvas and I'm not committed to anything colorwise right now. SO that leads me to my question.

If you could pick any color to do a room in (doesn't have to go with your current home palette) what would it be? What color do you dream of using somewhere?

Comments

• Her whole house is like that - I always tease her that I'm going to get those velvet ropes like at museums to put across the doorways. :-D
  • I'm loving this right now. I'm always terrified to go dark, but I'm a little tempted right now. My MO is usually something light and in the cool blues and greens family. I want to go bold!
  • Just wanted to share a shot of our new Urbane Bronze office - I am soooo in love with this color! (More pictures here)
    urbane bronze office walls.jpg
    500 x 650 - 198K
  • K8e9 said:

I'm loving this right now. I'm always terrified to go dark, but I'm a little tempted right now. My MO is usually something light and in the cool blues and greens family. I want to go bold!

If the rest of your house is in that color range, then go a deep true navy!! So stunning and crisp with pops of white, and I always love a little orange in there too. :-)

• I have a navy blue purse that I love the color of, and matched it to Behr's Starry Night--it is a beautiful dark navy blue. I paired it with white furniture and brushed nickel accents. It's my favorite room.
  • Navy sounds beautiful, @lizaanne. I think it would fit in nicely in our house. Now to find the right one...haha
  • There is a thread here where someone did a navy room, and the color was gorgeous!!! I have a meeting soon, so I can't look for it, but try to do a search. :-)
  • Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. I want it in a bathroom with a big soaking tub, marble basket weave tile on the floor, and a giant bronze gilt mirror.
  • Ok, so I was browsing navy and I accidentally found Retreat by Sherwin-Williams.

It's not navy, but it's 1000x darker than anything I'm used to.
    Thoughts?

• The room that I want to use it in will have white trim, a large white bookcase, this fabric as curtains and this rug.
  • I'm thinking that grayish green is not working with the fabric and the rug. You need to be more on the cool blue side. Your rug is a midnight blue - almost black. And the blues in the fabric are very cool and "blue-y".

I'd consider something in this family: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6515-leisure-blue/
  • I might bring the curtains in to a home improvement store to see what paint colors I can find that strike my fancy.

Does anyone ever fantasize about a bright, warm color? It's been all dark neutrals and cool colors.
  • Cobalt blue - test http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6811-honorable-blue/
    amazing with white, and the floral curtain fabric - the white background will pop against it and the blues will sing harmony.
  • I love dark blues....my bedroom is BM's Newburg Green, which is really a navy with a hint of teal in it, and I LOVE it. I have a crush on BM's Hale Navy right now, too. For a guest room, I might go with a really fun bold color like a purple or kelly green or something, too, though.