Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

Our Eclectic Bedroom - Before and After

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share our bedroom makeover with everyone

In 2009, we purchased a lake home in a great location and VIEW but as with many things we had to make a compromise. When we first toured the home the master bedroom was awful. It’s outdated, over scaled furnishings all but masked any potential the room had.

Check out the before:

Master Bedroom Before001

We went with a neutral backdrop so that I could add color and pattern in other ways. It’s a not a large space by any means but the repetition of color helps to draw your eye around the room. By sewing the curtains, pillows and reupholstering my great grandmother's chairs we were able to do this for a fraction of the price it might have cost otherwise.

Here's what it looks like now.

DS Bedroom Our Lake Lifee

You can see more pics and details here
http://www.ourlakelife.com/2013/03/05/a-few-new-bedroom-tweaks/

Comments

• LOVE it! Love those curtains and the book case :)
  • Beautiful! I love the curtains behind the bed, I never would have been brave enough to try that.
  • libbylibby Australia
  • I'm such a sucker for a nice neutral room with bright pops of colors! Looks great!
  • LOVE the curtains and graphic pillow - just pinned it to one of my Pinterest boards. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Love it, the space looks so cozy. And the curtains and other hints of colour are great. :)
  • WOW! Can't pick a favorite part! I wanna jump on in that bed, but wouldn't darebecause it's too beautiful!!!
  • OMG! I LOVE IT. The curtains are amazing and I love that you put a book case in the bedroom, unique and lovely touch.