Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

Fab Freebie Bonus Question: Words of Wisdom

Since this week's prize includes 10 nuggets of advice in pretty poster form... what are some of your favorite words of wisdom or rules to live by? Whether it's a notable quote or your own personal mantra, we'd love to hear it.

Comments

• Mine is - "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." :D
  • My mother always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all"
    I tell my kids this now all the time, their opinionated little brains...
  • Living in Australia last year was kind of a culture shock, where Americans are mostly all go go go, Australians take life a little less seriously. "No worries" is said for any occasion and at any time, I find myself repeating that not only others but reminding myself that the grand scheme will all turn out okay.
  • betsyhambetsyham Orange County, VA
    Right now, having learned of the untimely death of a former student who had grown into a lovely, kind, thoughtful adult, all I can think of is "Hang up and drive!"
  • With two small kids (7 and 9) we live by the mantra "You get what you get and you don't get upset." I don't know where it came from, but I snagged it from a fellow Mom and it works GREAT in our house! You got the blue cup and you really wanted the red cup? You get what you get and you don't get upset!
  • My husband and I work out of a small office in our home and the words we like to live by are "it is what it is....and it's not the end of the world!" Helps us to put problems into perspective.
  • "Discipline is remembering what you want." PS: Go HOOS!
  • littleaestaslittleaestas Dahlonega, Georgia
    He replied, "Ye of little faith, why are you so afraid?"
    Matthew 8:26

Or!

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself."
    - Albert Einstein
  • Something along the lines of "“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” I try to live by it, prioritizing my time to do the imporant stuff, but the saying that I say most is "no worries".
  • "For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

and "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I especially repeat the first one in my head and to my children quite often when we see something bad on the news.

Kimberly
    Turning It Home
  • TLegTLeg Moncton
    As a new mom, a Pinterest quote has stuck with me: "Comparison is the thief of joy." I love my boy and try not to let any other moms, blogs, groups, pictures, equipment, theories, etc spoil the bond we have and my faith in my natural instincts.
  • giselle_agiselle_a pittsburgh, pa
    "A party without cake is just a meeting." - I don't remember who said this, but this is a quote I live by!
  • Eat your green beans 1st before they get cold- my husband. :) my kids hear this often from him.
  • Life begins outside your comfort zone-Neale Donald Walsch, is my go to phrase since 2010 when we doubled our family of 2 boys to 4!
  • Framed in my office at home:

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

I've lived by this for years. :-)