Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

Our Rental Bathroom Makeovers- Before and After

image imageAfter living in our home for 1.5 years, I finally got our bathrooms to a place that makes me smile! The makeovers were done on a major budget. I frosted the windows for less than $5. I made a custom size rug for $7. Don't you think it's a fun challenge to decorate on a budget?! You can see more at my blog, RICE Designs!

Comments

• Amazing! I love the shelves over the toilet in the second bathroom!!
  • Yes, where are the shelves From and how did you frost the windows for only $5???
  • It looks GREAT! That rug...I die. Wonderful job!
  • Thank you!

@ginny no layout change.. it might just be the angle that makes it look different!

@JustJen thanks! it's from Ikea

@mbpbc the shelves are from Ikea and I used Rustoleum Frosted Glass spray.. I wrote all about it on the blog! http://ricedesignblog.com/2013/04/24/diy-frosted-glass-and-our-upstairs-bathroom/
  • Oh I love those shelves!! Nice job!
  • Love that shower curtain! Where did you get it?
  • Super cute shelves! Styling shelves is so hard for me!
  • I love the look of the shelves, especially with the rustic style baskets. It inspires me to work on our rental bathroom (my next project!)
  • The makeover looks great! Those shelves are fantastic!
  • I've been looking for ideas for how to store toiletries/lotions/soap bottles, etc -- love the shelves.
  • I like the muted colour palette you chose - it lets the rug stand out. And I'm always surprised by how much a white shower curtain can brighten up a space... Looks really great!
  • Thank you so much everyone! You're all so kind and encouraging! @PostGrad the shower curtain is from Target a couple years ago. It was their inexpensive brand RE (Room Essentials). I haven't seen this plain white curtain there recently, though. I've only seen a more waffle weave one!