Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

Dollhouse Inspired by Clara's

ChrisPChrisP Poughkeepsie, New York
edited July 2013 in Look What I Did
My husband and I completed a built in dollhouse for my daughter Eevie's second birthday back in April. She had an odd cubby in her room so we decided to do a built in dollhouse inspired by Clara's dollhouse and a few other images I found. Hubby built the frame to fit into the cubby and did all the wiring. We found a lot of the furniture on ebay and modified and repainted it with an airbrush to look more modern. Some of the other furniture came from various miniature websites or Hobby Lobby. The dolls are from Once Upon A Treehouse. I made the bedding, flower arrangements, plants and artwork. The rugs were created from fabric samples. It was a labor of love and she adores it.
dollhouse and eevie easter 100.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 972K
dollhouse 139.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 1M
dollhouse 135.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 1M
dollhouse 2 001.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 1M
dollhouse and eevie easter 096.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 989K
dollhouse and eevie easter 097.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 837K
IMG_1326.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 775K
dollhouse 141.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 1M
dollhouse and eevie easter 112.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 1M
IMG_0990.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 748K
IMG_1405.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 2M
dollhouse 160.JPG
2304 x 3072 - 1M
dollhouse and eevie easter 131.JPG
3072 x 2304 - 1M

Comments

• That is so totally adorable and impressive! I LOVE that you repainted so much of the furniture! That dollhouse has some serious style going on - John and Sherry should housecrash it :)
  • @ChrisP, I did a double take at "did the wiring" - holy cow!!

So much work you guys poured into this. It is SOOOOO cute - I want one!
  • livelylivlivelyliv East Coast, USA
    Wow! This is amazing!
  • ChrisPChrisP Poughkeepsie, New York
    Thanks everyone! It was a fun project, but it was a lot of work. I couldn't have done it without my husband's help. We are so happy she plays with it and enjoys it. Of course, it doesn't stay looking like it is in the pictures. The dog and cat are often in the bathtub, the bedding gets moved to the couch, and various forest critters have moved in. :) Now if I can only make more progress on my actual house.
  • @ChrisP, well my cat often lays in the bathroom and when it's cold I drag my bedding to the couch so she's just keepin' it real!

I do draw the line at forest critters in my house though!

• Love! You are an amazing mom! I wish I had had that dollhouse growing up! : )
    Thank you everyone!
  • That is amazing! I love the working light fixtures!!

Allison
    http://thenutsofwindermere.wordpress.com/
  • wow, that is seriously a cool doll house!! I'm seconding the "house crash" lol... maybe even Clara could be involved. Fun stuff!
    Thanks all! What a fun surprise to see that this project was featured! I don't have a blog as of yet (no time for that when you are a teacher) so I posted a little more detail on Project Nursery. Check it out if you plan on doing a dollhouse project. I am always inspired by the fantastic diy projects on this site that John and Sherry do and love the diy forum for all of your great ideas.

http://projectnursery.com/projects/dollhouse/
  • This is unbelievable amazing with all of the attention to detail and the electricity on top of it! What a blessed little girl and such talented and creative parents!
  • This is incredible! I would love to create something like this for my son. I know he'd adore it. I better get on it though as he's already 4! :D