Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

Fab Freebie Bonus Question: Teaching Tools

What's one tool you wish you were more proficient with? Have you never taken a miter saw for a spin and are eager to try it? Do you barely get by with your nail gun and would love a few pointers? Or maybe you feel like you've yet to unlock the true potential of your wrench set?

Comments

• I'd like to get more proficient with a circular saw. My brother can do quick, straight, clean cuts and mine are a mess.

• nctwilanctwila Charlotte
    Miter Saw!! I took up the carpet in my living room to expose the hardwoods & have never put the quarter round down ;-(
  • I wish I would be more proficient with a saw...any saw! I'm not good in cutting straigh lines :-(
  • AnaAna New York
    Definitely my nail gun... Got it for my birthday and... I'm afraid to use it! The compressor freaks me out.
  • I bought my husband a compound miter saw for fathers day and I have to say I'm itching to use it myself. I think I might be a complete DIY nerd and ask for a nail gun for my birthday :D
  • Can I say two that go together?? Miter saw & nail gun! So many projects that would be simplified if I was a rockstar with those!
  • I really need to figure out a miter saw.
  • khawkkhawk Washington DC
    An electric drill :) Baby steps.
  • beckweedbeckweed cincinnati
    I think electric power tool a little scary, but I'd like to know how to use the compound miter saw. I dream of adding a ton of molding to my plain rooms.
  • smashleysmashley Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I would love to learn how to use a table saw. It's just so big and scary! But I feel can be very useful!
  • miter saw or paint gun for me. we are house hunting so we have lived in rentals for 13 years--moved 17 times, so haven't had much stability to feel a lot of diy was worth the effort.
  • I would love to know how to work a drill! I have just about "mastered" my kitchen skillet and think that a new hability would greatly improve my life as a single homeowner!
  • icyvicyv Sacramento
    Reciprocating saw. I bought one a couple months ago and have yet to try it out. I know I'll be careful with it but a fear of cutting off an appendage keeps it in the box.
  • I wish I was handy with any tool--but my husband is a pretty good handyman. But I think I would love to learn how to use any type of saw.
  • definitely want a mitre saw so we can get our little hands trying it out!