Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).
Hey guys! To those wondering what will happen to these forums given the recent news on our blog - we plan to keep them alive and kicking for as long as the banner ads here continue to offset the hosting fees. We will certainly keep you posted (and give you plenty of notice) if that ever changes. Thanks for using the forums and happy chatting!

Total Bathroom Remodel Before and After

edited April 2013 in Look What I Did
We just finished a total bathroom remodel after using this dingy dated bathroom. It's hard to tell from the before pictures, but it was bad...very bad. The fiberglass tub was cracked around the base, so it squeaked constantly when we were using it, and the issues that those type of surround have with mold were all true in our case (mold gets up behind the seams). I really wanted to use marble and other natural stone, but then I was worried about durability so we ended up finding some awesome deals on porcelain and Silestone, and I'm so so so happy with how it turned out.

Here's the before:

More afters:

Here's a link to all the sources we used: http://involvingcolor.com/involvinghome/hallway-bath-done/
Tagged:

Comments

• Seriously GORGEOUS!!!! I love the finishes you chose! I need to figure out how to split 1 light into 2 because I would love to do sconces on the side of the mirror like you did! Bravo! :)

Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage
  • Tell me more about the flooring. Love it!

It's called Florim Stratos Avorio, and I LOVE it. It's one of my favorite parts of the bathroom (I know I already said that about the corner shelves, but I can have lots of favorites, right?)

• Seriously GORGEOUS!!!! I love the finishes you chose! I need to figure out how to split 1 light into 2 because I would love to do sconces on the side of the mirror like you did! Bravo! :)

Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage

My dad was an electrician when he was in college and helped us out! . It wasn't hard...just a little more confusing than a typical light fixture install to figure out how to do the wiring. We actually had to create a junction, but it's hidden behind the mirror so you can't see it :)

• I love the tiles in the shower. Are they just subway tiles without grouting space between them?
  • Wow! I love your floor tiles! and I totally want that shower curtain ;)
  • Rachael said:

I love the tiles in the shower. Are they just subway tiles without grouting space between them?

They are beveled subway tile with a 1/8" built in spacer for grout. We used white grout to blend in with the tile.

• Lovely! The colors are very soothing! Perfect for a bathroom! And I love the floors! Great job!
  • This is amazing! We are moving into our new home soon and have an 80s pink bathroom to try to redo. I'm going to save your bathroom as inspiration!
  • The finishes are amazing!! Everything is so well put together. Excellent job.