Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).
Hey guys! To those wondering what will happen to these forums given the recent news on our blog - we plan to keep them alive and kicking for as long as the banner ads here continue to offset the hosting fees. We will certainly keep you posted (and give you plenty of notice) if that ever changes. Thanks for using the forums and happy chatting!

Fab Freebie: Can I Quote You On That?

This week's giveaway is for some free paint and some wall decals, but it got me wondering if you guys have a favorite wall of your house. I know it sounds weird, but I loved the wall in our last house's guest room that framed a gorgeous view of my favorite maple tree outside. And in our current house my favorite wall is in the foyer because we finally have sidelights and I've always loved those. Anyone else playing favorites when it comes to a wall in their home?

Comments

• KatieQKatieQ New York
    I like the wall with my fireplace in my living room. there are large windows on each side of the fireplace. In spring you can see the rhododendrons blooming outside the window and a Carolina wren makes a nest in one of the rhododendrons every year.
  • Don't have a favorite yet but I wanna make a frame wall going up our staircase so whenever I get to that, I'm sure it will be my favorite :)
  • We are in the process of building our home so I am super excited to see which wall will become my favorite.
  • My favorite wall would have to be the one going up our stairs. I have made it into a gallery wall with black and white pictures of family, and memorabilia including things like a vintage beaded cocktail purse that belonged to my husband's grandmother.
  • Kelsey11Kelsey11 Parrish, FL USA
    I live in FL and I LUUUUUUUV color!!!!! My master bath is painted in two shades of a beautiful limey green. I have a huge stained glass window in there, with shades of green, red, bright blue. When you sit in my tub, you can't help, but smile and relax...........and wish you had a glass of champagne!
  • upstairs hallway...it was always dark because the bedroom doors were closed. It's a terracotta with a hint more orange. Brightened up the whole landing & hallway & looks different shades depending on the time of day/night. <3
  • We rent, but I'd have to say my favorite wall is our front living room wall. It has a bay window overlooking our view of the mountains. It would look even better if I buy or make some curtains for it and get rid of the mini blinds...yuck!
  • I love the 'long wall' in my living room. It's PERFECT for a gallery wall.
  • It would be my east wall in my farm house. It has french doors, that look out to a beautiful sunrise each morning. You can open the door, and listen to the birds chirping, the morning sounds that the bugs make. I have put a comfy chair there just to sit with my cup of coffee and listen to the world wake up each morning. Its like being on vacation every morning that I am there!
  • ChristaBChristaB Ohio, USA
    My favorite wall has to be the one in my living room that now houses two new ledge shelves. It is also home to a lantern and an iron ‘keys’ holder. It is not finished yet… but the wall is looking good so far. The top shelf holds some of my pirate figurines picked up on a road trip a few states away in my hometown, and a giant Cutty Sark pirate ship, which was picked up on the HWY 127 Garage Sale this year. The second shelf holds empty Cutty Sark bottles (which will have messages from family trips and vacations as well as other mementos). Check it out here. :)
  • My favorite wall in my house is the one in my kitchen. My husband and I live in a basement suite and it can be dark at times. In the kitchen, however, there is a large window that sits above my sink, which during the day get so much sunlight! It helps me feel like I'm in an actual house and not a suite