Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

Fab Freebie: Way Finding

Have you ever spotted an item in a magazine or store that became your "one that got away?" Maybe you didn't buy that rug when you first saw it and then it went out of stock forevermore? Or you saw some gorgeous art in the background of a TV show but never could track down something similar in real life?

Comments

• Yes! I still regret not buying a gorgeous big French baker's rack that we saw at an antique/consignment store last year. It was expensive, so we passed it up, despite drooling over it. Then several months later it went ON SALE and we passed it up again. After a few weeks of anguished hemming and hawing, we decided to get it.......and it had been sold. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued. :(
  • One day while browsing a local thrift shop, I found this beautiful navy blue tapestry with a hand embroidered scroll design in cream that was only for $3.50! I walked around but couldn't find anything else that I wanted to purchase, and they wouldn't accept debit for under $5 purchases. So, I left the store without it. After running errands I finally had some cash to buy it, only to find out that another woman came back to the store too to buy it only minutes before!!! Oh well.
  • I simply NNNEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD a new area rug for my living room. Having bought two beautiful blue leather sofa, I'm now broke and the rug doesn't match anymore!
  • This has happened to me a lot. There was a rug I wanted to get for our newly remodeled kitchen, but I waited until my hubby could see it and approve, and when I went to get it, it was gone. Also happened with some prints I wanted to get at Target and then when I went back to get them they were sold out! I finally found them at art.com but they were much more expensive and not framed. Grrrr. I told my hubby that from now on, I am BUYING whatever it is and then if it ends up not working or he doesn't like it, I will return it!!! No more waiting just to find out that it sold out!
  • I need a living room rug too. The one I wanted at urban outfitters is on backorder and I can't find another one I like in the same price range!
  • NoeyNoey Mechanicsville, VA
    I had that experience with HomeGoods not long ago! We spotted a rug and took a picture, and after a week I was convinced it was perfect (slightly too large, but the price was so reasonable that we could get it bound). When I went back it was gone, and they don't keep a record of what they had in stock. If only I had snapped a pic of the brand and style too :(
  • Target has been carrying these hidden wedge moccasins that I fell in love with and now the stores don't have them! They were only in stores for a short time, but I found them online, not on sale of course. Hopefully I don't miss the boat and they go on sale.
  • I don't think this has ever happened to me. Not because I buy everything I want, I think I'm just really careful about my purchases. If I miss out on something I figure it wasn't meant to be and I've just saved myself some $$.
  • The Threshold Poufs that Emily Henderson used in her "Oh, Joy!" studio makeover got away from me and my daughter's bedroom :(
  • This has happened to me sooo many times! Usually at like a thrift store or a Ross, I am indecisive at the time, get home and think about it , go back to get it and its gone! I tell myself this every time I go out.."just buy it cuz it WILL be gone". Do I listen...nope..lol

• Yes! I didn't buy a second set of my favorite Garnet Hill "French Journal" sheets when I had the chance (and before they discontinued them). They were the softest, prettiest sheets ever, and I regret not buying duplicate sets when I discovered how much I loved them. I didn't know you could actually wear out a set of sheets, but 13 years later, they just shredded....

• I bought a set of Northern Nights sheets from QVC after we had slept on a set at my parents' house. The material was called cotton cashmere flannel, and they are hands down the greatest sheets we've ever owned. They're incredibly soft and cozy, warm but breathable, and they wash well. I love them. When I bought them they were on sale for $60/set (queen) and I only bought one set because I was young(er) and felt like I was spending too much on bedding. But now it's about 5 years later and I'm always searching for them online because no one ever seems to have that material.
  • I just lost out on a cool vintage chess set at an estate sale over the weekend....she who hesitates is lost. :) It was 30% off on Saturday but 50% off on Sunday. I held out until Sunday. I shouldn't have!
  • JoeyfromSCJoeyfromSC Los Angeles, CA
    yes, it happens alot to me! Since I do background work on t.v. shows/movies/talk show audience, I am constantly spotting things now in person & when I watch on t.v. , that I want! lol I get distracted by stuff in the background now because I really enjoy the whole behind the scenes process & set decor!
  • There was this armchair I've seen in a catalog a few month back - I instatly fell in love with it. Sadly I have absolutely no space to put it in (I could put it in front of a door but I think that could get complicated...). Since that isn't going to change anytime soon I will probably never be able to buy it....
  • Saw a cool primitive Hoosier cabinet this weekend, still thinking about it.....
  • In love with anything fall........new pouf, mercury glass.oh my it never ends...but we love it!!
  • I found the perfect high-pile rug at HomeGoods for an amazing price, but talked myself out of it. I STILL think about it all the time!
  • SherriSherri North Carolina
    Ha -- yes! I really want one of those cute fans like the one in Clara's room, and I can't find it anywhere! And the places that do have the fan don't have it in stock. Le sigh.
  • I once rewinded a TV show (thanks Hulu!) and took a screenshot of the scene because I loved the layout of a wall collage. This was before Pinterest, so when my old computer crashed (waahh!) I lost the screenshot. I can only vaguely remember what the wall looked like now. :(
  • Aida_JAida_J Cedar Falls, IA
    I am in desperate need of a new, bigger, comfier bed (we're expecting in January), but the husband refuses right now. It might have to do with the fact we JUST bought a house, tho...
  • oh yes I found the perfect sectional at a macys furniture store in Atlanta but couldn't get it because I was driving my small car! it was on sale too! I should have gotten a uhaul it would have been worth it :)
  • We found a brand new drawer microwave over a year ago at an estate sale for $150. We knew we wanted to renovate our kitchen someday, but hadn't drawn up plans or even discussed a wish list yet, so I passed on it. This year? Our house burns down, we are getting a brand new kitchen, and the plans include a drawer microwave. Aaagghhh!
  • I found a great pair of boots in a boutique. I went home and found them on the internet for about half the price, but now I was second guessing myself (what if there was a better pair of boots out there?). After looking at boots for the next few days, I decided they were the ones I wanted. When I went back to the website the price had doubled and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much!