Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).
Hey guys! To those wondering what will happen to these forums given the recent news on our blog - we plan to keep them alive and kicking for as long as the banner ads here continue to offset the hosting fees. We will certainly keep you posted (and give you plenty of notice) if that ever changes. Thanks for using the forums and happy chatting!

Herringbone hardwood floors and all new kitchen for $2300!

My husband and I spent the past few months updating our entire kitchen for $2300. We did everything - counters, cabinets, sink, floors, lighting, painting, the works. We are so in love, but our favorite part is the herringbone floors!! They were so tough but so worth it.

Here's a before and after:

and a close up of the delicious floors:

We have tutorials for almost everything we did!! Please check out more here:

http://artisandesarts.blogspot.ca/2013/04/the-big-kitchen-reveal-our-2300-entire.html

Or my whole blog, at artisandesarts.com

Comments

• oh my gosh I love your dining room so much! the lighting and the rug are super cute!
  • oh my goodness that looks like so much work - but you're right, it looks totally worth it!
  • Gorgeous! I LOVE the floors - the pattern and the dark color!
  • Thank you all so much, I really appreciate the compliments!! :)
  • OMG I have almost the exact same picnic table, also 40 years old, handed down from my parents, but painted white. . . . i <3 it!
  • Those floors are gorgeous... and I have serious sink envy!