Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

DIY $25 Gold Dipped TV Console

Hi everyone! I am so enjoying see all of the DIY projects and renovations out there, so I thought that I'd share what is perhaps my favorite DIY involving paint.

I bought this large French provincial dresser at an auction for $25, and I wanted to use it as my TV console. I loved the idea of the storage underneath, but I really wanted to make it a focal point in the room. I also wanted to paint it, but in a different way than I had really seen before.

Here's what it looked like before (my husband called it "banana pudding colored"):

I painted it bright white, and taped off the bottom. I painted everything below the line with Martha Stewart's paint in antique gold. Here's the after!

I love the metallic sheen of the legs.

I'm currently working on a large eclectic gallery wall that surrounds the TV! I haven't posted it on my blog, but here's a sneak peek .

You can see the whole post on my blog right HERE !

Do you have anything gold in your house? I'm in love with it.

Comments

• This is so amazing!! And the gallery wall surrounding it - I want to live in your house!
  • SandraHSandraH Columbia, Maryland
    Wow, I love that! I did something similar with a chair that I posted on my blog www.tealdresser.com. I'm going to have to do a dresser like yours soon!

...image

DSC_0189.jpg
    2592 x 3872 - 2M
  • Janelle said:

This is so amazing!! And the gallery wall surrounding it - I want to live in your house!

Well come on over, girlfriend! Not to live, because that would be weird. But you can certainly visit! :)

• GilitC said:

I never would have thought of that and I never would have thought it would look so good but it is amazing! So creative and glam, I'm such a fan!
    I also put a gallery of sorts around our TV to make it less of a focal point (did it work?)

@GilitC I love the leaning frames! It looks great.

• Wow! I'm so impressed! I can't wait to find something with great bones so I can paint the legs gold
  • I never would have thought to do that, but it looks great? What new life you've given that piece!
  • I love this! I love the white handles as well, so pretty!
  • This is amazingly beautiful! Great job :)