Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

$157 Complete Laundry Room makeover

We made over our laundry room top to bottom for only $157! It's SO much more functional now, makes me so happy! :) We made our own DIY light pendant, painted the linoleum floors, stenciled the back wall and added cabinetry we picked up from a yard sale. (I happen to have a blog, so I'm sharing how we did each step in the links! You can also see the full reveal and all the details here.)

Comments

• This is gorgeous and inspiring! There is no reason for a laundry room to be ugly!
  • Beautiful color scheme and that wall stencil is perfection - well done!
  • wow, that is awesome. It really takes guts to stencil (IMHO) and it is amazing what it does to a space. I really like how you mounted the cabinet in the middle of the shelves, too.
  • What a great makeover! How is the linoleum paint holding up? I want to do something similar in our office until we can tile. (The "office" actually used to be a porch that the old owners closed in and *gulp* lined with real pine panelling. It's our "go slow"-because-we-have-no-idea-what-to-do room!) I bookmarked your blog to read about it but I just thought to ask you in retrospect now- is it worth the trouble? Also, our office will be used every day as a "day room" for our four dogs... we need something durable.

Thanks!
  • Great job! So pretty! I would love to make my laundry room a prettier space like yours... What did you do with your ironing board?
  • I love it! Checking out your blog to see how you painted the vinyl flooring...
  • This is gorgeous! You did such a fabulous job!

Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage
  • Fantastic transformation. Looks like a place you won't hate to work in :)
  • @viewalongtheway I just spent the last hour on your blog. You are amazing. That is all.

Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage
  • Thanks SO much, guys! Senaber, it's holding up perfectly so far! Absolutely not a single spot of imperfection. That said, it's a low-traffic room for us so I have no idea how well it would do in a high-traffic area.
  • So inspiring! Your budget is amazing, too. My laundry room is a disaster. I will refer back to yours for inspiration!