Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Posting images to share ideas and get advice is always fun, but please be mindful of copyrights (i.e. if it's not yours, just link to it instead).

I copycatted John & Sherry's huge double desk! With a copper twist of my own...

Hi YHL lovers! I'm sure you're familiar with the awesome double desk John & Sherry built in the office of their last home!

When we moved into our house, I knew I wanted to build something similar for a 12' wall in our office. I used simple white Ikea cabinets as the base and built a rustic plank top and then used copper plumbing parts to add accents and create the door handles!

It was quite a labor of love, but it's exactly what we wanted and needed for our home office!

I have plenty more pictures here and I just wrote a detailed tutorial here! I used a slightly different method than John & Sherry to build the plank top, and I have instructions and a full shopping list for the copper pulls & accents on my blog.

In total, everything I used for the desk came out to around $270, and that was truly starting from scratch as I didn't even have screws on hand! :P I'm a newbie with power tools, so my dad did come over to help with the construction of the plank top, but I would say the difficulty level of this project is fairly amateur. The copper pulls are absolutely my favorite part, and they are SO EASY - I kind of want to add them everywhere in my house now ;)

I'm just so excited to finally have an awesome work space in our office!
~ Brynne
www.thegatheredhome.com

Comments