After reading through the pages of posts about furniture re-do's I decided to make my first attempt to fix up some furniture. I had been keeping my eyes peeled for some good deals. We have a 1950's house and I wanted to get some mid-century pieces to use as accents.
I managed to find the accent chair for $20 at a Habitat for Humanity store. I found the dresser through Kijiji for $20. Both pieces were in decent shape, but definitely needed a good re-do. I had the fabric shipped in from Dwell for the chair, and got all of the primer, paint, and polycrylic from Home Depot. I followed all of the instructions I found on the site and things seemed to work beautifully. My paint job on the dresser is far from perfect, but I am happy with how it turned out for my first attempt!